Replacement battery size? - Page 8

1. Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums – General discussion forum for Kia Soul

Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums - a website dedicated to all things Kia Soul.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Soul Owners Forums today!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Replacement battery size?

Drives
    2019 M/T base
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    The AGM batteries deal better with the cold weather.
    Yes and also in very hot weather. Have one in my truck and both travel trailers at ranch...no adding distilled water and will cycle deeper.
    Stock + cruise control

2. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Drives
    2019 M/T base
    Quote Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
    Zerogee: I just had local dealer put one in mine. My manual says something about having to reset various electronic things if you remove the battery.
    Last week I disconnected the negative cable for about 45 minutes to install cruise.
    All radio settings remained.
    Only had to reset clock and day/date.
    Stock + cruise control

Drives
    SXSE/2014/FATHOM BLUE/POLAR/AT
    I have yet to replace my battery. Early last winter, I got a smart charger and put the battery on charge overnight every night for a week. Cleaned the terminals (they looked good, but did them anyway). Made sure they were snug. Appears to have refreshed the battery for now. No issues all winter.

I dont remember reseting anything. Must not have been a hassle.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Intermediate Soul
    Drives
    Soul+ AT/2016/Clear White
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsterDoc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
    Zerogee: I just had local dealer put one in mine. My manual says something about having to reset various electronic things if you remove the battery.
    Last week I disconnected the negative cable for about 45 minutes to install cruise.
    All radio settings remained.
    Only had to reset clock and day/date.
    On our 2016 + only the clock and date settings needed to be reset. I noticed that both the A and B trip odometers went back to zero when I jumped the battery as well as after replacing battery. The main odometer did not change.

I just realized that this post is in the Gen 1 forum—oops;

Elder Soul
    Drives
    2017 Soul Auto, titanium.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sradiator View Post
    Walmart 26r.

Game...set...match!!!
    I just replaced the Walrus World battery in my wife's PT. It was installed July 31, 2010 for $47. She drives 1000 miles a year.

After my Soul got rear-ended--I need to do a thread on that experience--on April 8 I had a spare car. But it didn't start, she's been out of town and her PT sat for a few weeks. USAA sent a tow truck out but he got it jumped and he recommended Battery Wholesale. I drove in, guy replaced the battery, $92.60 and I drove out 30 minutes later.

I don't know what "brand" it is, it's 26R-48 520CCA 650 CA 75m in RC. Whatever that means. Free replacement for 12 months.

When I had the O&F done at the local Mazda shop last year the guy said the cable was corroded and oh so grody and probably needed replacing. Not true. The terminal WAS covered in green, my bad for not doing due diligence in maintenance, but otherwise all was good. Guy cleaned things up, popped in the new battery, away I went.

I have one of those lighter-plug "settings saver" dealies that uses a 9V battery, those will save radio etc. settings.
    2017 Soul auto, Konig Control, BFG 225.55.16 G-Force Comp2 A/S. Winter 205.65.16 Bridgestone WS80.

Hidden Content

Drives
    Soul 2013+/2018 1 Million Edit
    Replaced my OE battery today, which was nearly 6 1/2 yrs old. Drove fine one day and next day would not crank. Would not start off a jump box either. Got a WallyWorld EverStart MAXX 121R. It came with 3 yr replacement at NC and 2 yr pro rate after that.
    GeoSoul likes this.

Drives
    Soul MT/2014/Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by nick1946 View Post
    Replaced my OE battery today, which was nearly 6 1/2 yrs old. Drove fine one day and next day would not crank. Would not start off a jump box either. Got a WallyWorld EverStart MAXX 121R. It came with 3 yr replacement at NC and 2 yr pro rate after that.
    That's a good battery nick. I was going to use that as well but a friend called from Costco & said they could pick me up an Interstate #39. Same warranty & really good fitment on both. I couldn't believe how easy it was to swap out.

My old battery was still working but consistently tested "Replace Battery." It would fully charge after a 30 minute drive but after 3 days in the garage, be down to about 20% state of charge. I was surprised it still started the car.
    Last edited by GeoSoul; 05-18-2019 at 02:38 PM.

Drives
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoSoul View Post
    That's a good battery nick. I was going to use that as well but a friend called from Costco & said they could pick me up an Interstate #39. Same warranty & really good fitment on both. I couldn't believe how easy it was to swap out.

My old battery was still working but consistently tested "Replace Battery." It would fully charge after a 30 minute drive but after 3 days in the garage, be down to about 20% state of charge. I was surprised it still started the car.
    Sadly we don't have Costco anywhere near here, we are stuck with WallyWorld and Sam's Club(WallyWorld HQ is just up the road a few miles). So, when are you going to take the plunge into a 2020?

Drives
    Soul MT/2014/Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by nick1946 View Post
    Sadly we don't have Costco anywhere near here, we are stuck with WallyWorld and Sam's Club(WallyWorld HQ is just up the road a few miles). So, when are you going to take the plunge into a 2020?
    I've thought about it Nick, but the 2020 stick shift model has been de-contented from my Gen2.

They've taken out
    Satellite XM
    Voice command radio
    Express front row Windows
    Heated mirrors
    Side Markers
    Lighted visor mirrors
    Drivers grab handle

I had to install cruise control & center armrest on my 2014 & would need to do that again for Gen 3. If they offered an EX stick shift I would be all over it.

So when are you going to take the plunge?
    nick1946 likes this.

Drives
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoSoul View Post
    I've thought about it Nick, but the 2020 stick shift model has been de-contented from my Gen2.

They've taken out
    Satellite XM
    Voice command radio
    Express front row Windows
    Heated mirrors
    Side Markers
    Lighted visor mirrors
    Drivers grab handle

I had to install cruise control & center armrest on my 2014 & would need to do that again for Gen 3. If they offered an EX stick shift I would be all over it.

So when are you going to take the plunge?
    I plan on keeping the two that I have as long as I am able to drive. My 2013+ only has 34K miles. The 2018 1 Million was a BIG buy for us. Compared it against the 2019's and with the extras that came with it, there was no comparison for us. We just don't care for the new models.
    GeoSoul likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)