blower motor gone bad on 2014 KIA SOUL Plus

1. Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums – General discussion forum for Kia Soul

Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums - a website dedicated to all things Kia Soul.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Soul Owners Forums today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By tmport
  • 1 Post By Shaggy Wierdo

Thread: blower motor gone bad on 2014 KIA SOUL Plus

Drives
    2014 KIA SOUL PLUS

blower motor gone bad on 2014 KIA SOUL Plus

I have a 2014 KIA SOUL PLUS that the blower motor had went out. The dealership wants way to much to replace it and I have looked on line to see how hard it would be to do it myself. h as anyone else replaced their blower motor doing it themselves? if so how hard was it to do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Drives
    Soul!/2018/Wild Orange
    have you seen this video on youtube on a 2011? looks like a pain unless you are ok with removing all that stuff

watch?v=sE_9EPDK600

Junior Soul
    Drives
    2015 Base Auto - 2018 Base Man
    Gen II requires removing the entire Dash. Not your typical DYI job.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Junior Soul
    Doesn't look too bad.
    http://www.kisouman.com/blower_motor...ment-2210.html

For some reason my link isn't working. Google 2014 Kia soul blower motor location and the first link should be to kisouman.com.

A few more parts than my 2010.
    Last edited by gr8pumpkin; 06-16-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Junior Soul
    Drives
    '16 Soul +; '06 Spectra5
    It's crazy how complicated they made it on the Soul. I was just checking out the blower motor on my 2006 Spectra5, and it's right under the passenger side dash and there are just three screws to remove.
    Buzz and GeoSoul like this.

Drives
    Soul MT/2014/Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by KHodgesSr View Post
    I have a 2014 KIA SOUL PLUS that the blower motor had went out. The dealership wants way to much to replace it and I have looked on line to see how hard it would be to do it myself. h as anyone else replaced their blower motor doing it themselves? if so how hard was it to do?
    Have you gone out of warranty (5 yr)?

You could always (politely) argue that the blower was inherently defective when it was delivered to you on day 1. It didn't reveal the defect until now, "minutes" after the warranty expired. It surely isn't normal for a blower to "wear out" just after 60 months. Unacceptable. I've never had one fail.

They may cut you a break, or at least a better deal.

Drives
    2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
    "blower motor had went out"

do you mean it doesn't work at all, or is it operating but not blowing effectively?

Have you checked the fuse? As mentioned it is extremely rare for a blower motor to require replacement in that time frame.
    2.0L, leather, power-folding mirrors, cooling glove box, auto climate, smart key/push-button start, heated steering wheel

Drives
    2013 Alien Base; 2017 Red Plus
    I have but not in a Soul. This happened to me a long time ago. Since then I watch blowers very carefully. What you will find is a very simple system install on all cars I have looked at in a very complicated way. You must check a whole host of things for faults before you go tearing into the dash to get to the motor, mainly the controls. It ain't easy but when you need it, you need it.
    GeoSoul likes this.
    NEW MEMBERS SHOULD READ THIS THREAD: Hidden Content AND PROVIDE THE REQUESTED INFORMATION.

Senior Soul
    Drives
    Soul+2010 Soul+2014
    Our 2014 blower motor was replaced under warranty in week 2 of new ownership. Don't know personally how it was replacing the soul's (on some vehicles, it's easy), but the service writer sighed and said, "it's a big job".

Greg

Drives
    Silver 2014 Soul Base
    It's a bear. 10 years ago I would be able to do it, but I just can contort myself to get under the dash to get it pulled out. I ordered the parts and had an independent mechanic do mine. Cost me $500, in addition to the cost of the parts, but he said it was really a 4 hour job for someone that knows what they're doing (Like a Kia Tech). Since it was his first time, it took him about 5 hours, not the Service manual quoted 8 hours.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)