2015 Kia Soul +/79000 miles

1. Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums – General discussion forum for Kia Soul

Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums - a website dedicated to all things Kia Soul.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Soul Owners Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 2015 Kia Soul +/79000 miles

2015 Kia Soul +/79000 miles

My daughters car is running rough, specifically on hard acceleration. When you mash the gas it initially takes off, then stops accelerating, check engine light starts flashing. I have replaced plugs and ignition coils this past week. It was doing this prior me doing the plugs/ignition coils. I was hoping that would take care of the problem. My code reader shows multiple misfires (300) and also cylinders 2/3 misfiring (302/303). Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Drives
    Soul MT/2014/Titanium
    You might check the box below entitled Similar Threads.

Also, check the thread that starts with Jalopnik. This may be a symptom of the Kia engine recall that's coming April 12. Your mileage is about where some problems have been reported.

It makes me nervous driving it. Should I take it to the dealer, wait and see if she gets a letter from Kia?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Drives
    14 Optima SXL; 15 Soul Base AT
    I'd take it right now if the check engine light shows up consistently and assuming you're covered under powertrain warranty.
    engage likes this.
    Want to get rid of your stock 18" wheels??? Swap them for cushy 16"? Let me know...

Thanks for the input. Will contact a dealer and update this accordingly

Nearest Kia dealers are over 1 1/2 hrs away. Taking it to a local Hyundai dealer for diagnostic. Thoughts?

Drives
    Probably not going to fly, but call them.
    Want to get rid of your stock 18" wheels??? Swap them for cushy 16"? Let me know...

Hyundai dealer says they can run the diagnostic but can’t do any warranty work if required.

Looking at the powertrain warranty it is 10 yrs/100,000 for the original owner. Second owners and beyond it is 5 yrs/60000. Concerned since my daughter bought it used with 35000 miles on it.

If the engine is shot at 79000, my fear is she could still be on the hook to pay for it. These issues have just started the last few weeks.

Drives
    If diagnostics is free, nothing to loose by going to Hyundai. If you don't have a warranty, don't take it to Kia unless it is a recall related issue.

I would prefer to take it to Kia but with them being so far away, I do not want to drive it that far. Getting it towed to the nearest Kia dealer is $400-$430. Diagnostic from Hyundai.....$139 and, they are only 30 minutes away .
    So, my hope is Hyundai will be able to tell us what is wrong with it (fingers crossed it is not the engine) and maybe even fix it. The way it is running I do not want to drive it any farther than I have to. Hyundai could not get us in until the 10th so until then, we are babying it and keeping it in town. I have been reading on the engine issues with the Souls.

According to a CBS link, the largest of three recalls posted on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website Thursday covers nearly 379,000 Kia Soul small SUVs from 2012 through 2016 with 1.6-liter engines. My daughters has the 2.0.
    Last edited by thewagles; 04-04-2019 at 03:11 AM.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)