location, vehicle and solution

  1. Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums – General discussion forum for Kia Soul

    Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums - a website dedicated to all things Kia Soul.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Soul Owners Forums today!
     
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: location, vehicle and solution

  1. #1
    Intermediate Soul SportsterDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    southern Nevada/northern Arizona
    Posts
    278
    Drives
    2019 M/T base

    location, vehicle and solution

    Why are so many members bashful about indicating at least a general geographic location?

    When issues arise, it is helpful to know geographic related factors, such as:
    a. temperature range
    b. humidity
    c. altitude
    d. roads salted
    e. other seasonal considerations, for example: SoCal has 4 seasons, earthquake, fire, mudslides and Santa Ana winds.
    f. __________

    2. Why do some forum members not identify vehicle info in their “about me" section?...then ask generation specific questions???

    3. Why do some forum members not report back with an issue correction and the actual problem? We all learn from this…either it validates the diagnosis or it provides other options to consider in the future.
    nick1946 and mikewo6o like this.
    Stock + cruise control

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Super Moderator Shaggy Wierdo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hillview, Kentucky USA
    Posts
    8,717
    Drives
    2013 Alien Base; 2017 Red Plus
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsterDoc View Post
    Why are so many members bashful about indicating at least a general geographic location?

    When issues arise, it is helpful to know geographic related factors, such as:
    a. temperature range
    b. humidity
    c. altitude
    d. roads salted
    e. other seasonal considerations, for example: SoCal has 4 seasons, earthquake, fire, mudslides and Santa Ana winds.
    f. __________

    2. Why do some forum members not identify vehicle info in their “about me" section?...then ask generation specific questions???

    3. Why do some forum members not report back with an issue correction and the actual problem? We all learn from this…either it validates the diagnosis or it provides other options to consider in the future.
    Over time, we have beat this to death. For some reason, folks take umbrage with giving information and have quit believing that we are not infringing on their rights, others may believe their anonimity is being comprimised. It is voluntary to post that info but we ask anyway. It is a pain not having it, the site is protected, somewhat, from poachers but they can get into it and read. If I had to list the three top reasons for answers to all your questions:

    1. Fear of info leakage.
    2. Right to privacy.
    3. Lazy.
    Last edited by Shaggy Wierdo; 05-03-2019 at 09:57 AM.
    Buzz likes this.
    NEW MEMBERS SHOULD READ THIS THREAD: Hidden Content AND PROVIDE THE REQUESTED INFORMATION.

  4. #3
    Senior Soul XxHaimBondxX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    1,272
    Drives
    14 Optima SXL; 15 Soul Base AT
    It would be interesting to survey the "Problems" section to find out how many issues were resolved by members. In my experience, #1 answer is usually "go see the dealer". Having said that, general geographical area and model/trim wouldn't hurt anyone's privacy. I attribute it 54% to laziness and 42% to forgetfulness.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Junior Soul
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Metro Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    77
    Drives
    GT-Line Turbo/2020/Neptune Blu
    Could be we don't like where we live?
    Wzlwgn likes this.

  7. #5
    Intermediate Soul nick1946's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    693
    Drives
    Soul 2013+/2018 1 Million Edit
    I'll go with Shaggy's #3 and add "can't be bothered.

  8. #6
    Intermediate Soul SportsterDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    southern Nevada/northern Arizona
    Posts
    278
    Drives
    2019 M/T base
    Quote Originally Posted by XxHaimBondxX View Post
    ...In my experience, #1 answer is usually "go see the dealer". Having said that, general geographical area and model/trim wouldn't hurt anyone's privacy. I attribute it 54% to laziness and 42% to forgetfulness.
    I see a number of "go see the dealer" responses, and that may be a good answer for some, but developing an understanding of an issue and possible root causes may help someone in the future.

    I was on a CB1100 Forum from Nov 2017 until early this year and "go see the dealer" did not solve an international problem that proved to be mostly IACV issues. Riders in Europe thought they had a solution with an ECM reflash. One had a damaged harness to the TPS, a couple had the entire throttle body assembly (Quad TB for 4 cylinders) replaced (included the IACV), which would be ~$2,000, if past warranty. Collaboration with members in New Zealand, Canada and opposite coasts in the states finally solved it.

    For someone not willing to turn a wrench or use a multimeter, "go see the dealer" may be most appropriate.
    Shaggy Wierdo likes this.
    Stock + cruise control

  9. #7
    Senior Soul tampa8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Eastern Ct & Tampa
    Posts
    1,238
    Drives
    14 ! Black Sun & Sound/ 06 MX5
    I'll never tell what geographic location I am in....
    Last edited by tampa8; 05-09-2019 at 03:19 AM.
    Buzz likes this.

  10. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    15
    I could care less if anyone knew I live in Florida. I can understand people protective of their privacy, but one can carry it to far. I see no harm in letting forum members, know what state or province our Souls live in.
    two souls and Buzz like this.

  11. #9
    DBM
    DBM is offline
    Junior Soul
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Brandon, Florida
    Posts
    106
    Drives
    Base M6 2015 Titanium Grey
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsterDoc View Post
    I see a number of "go see the dealer" responses, and that may be a good answer for some, but developing an understanding of an issue and possible root causes may help someone in the future.

    I was on a CB1100 Forum from Nov 2017 until early this year and "go see the dealer" did not solve an international problem that proved to be mostly IACV issues. Riders in Europe thought they had a solution with an ECM reflash. One had a damaged harness to the TPS, a couple had the entire throttle body assembly (Quad TB for 4 cylinders) replaced (included the IACV), which would be ~$2,000, if past warranty. Collaboration with members in New Zealand, Canada and opposite coasts in the states finally solved it.

    For someone not willing to turn a wrench or use a multimeter, "go see the dealer" may be most appropriate.
    Eggsaxley.

  12. #10
    Junior Soul
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Northern Ca
    Posts
    129
    Drives
    2015 Base Auto - 2018 Base Man
    I should be more specific in my location in case anyone wants to buy me a beer.
    Buzz, deejaydead and tampa8 like this.

  13. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Similar Threads

  1. Location, Location, Location
    By hodad66 in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 189
    Last Post: 02-17-2019, 02:20 AM
  2. My roof rail and bike rack solution - with pics
    By jromeo27 in forum How To / DIY (Gen 1)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-15-2014, 04:00 PM
  3. Best hood deflector/bra and splash guards solution for 14/15?
    By Dave3 in forum Soul Accessories (Gen 1)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-29-2014, 03:59 PM
  4. Weak paint on my soul and solution
    By Daedalus in forum Soul Problems (Gen 1)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-15-2011, 11:08 PM
  5. SE2 Soul sound system issue and dealer solution
    By KFWA in forum Soul General Discussion (Gen 1)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-29-2010, 01:49 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2