location, vehicle and solution

1. Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums – General discussion forum for Kia Soul

Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums - a website dedicated to all things Kia Soul.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Soul Owners Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: location, vehicle and solution

Drives
    2019 M/T base

location, vehicle and solution

Why are so many members bashful about indicating at least a general geographic location?

When issues arise, it is helpful to know geographic related factors, such as:
    a. temperature range
    b. humidity
    c. altitude
    d. roads salted
    e. other seasonal considerations, for example: SoCal has 4 seasons, earthquake, fire, mudslides and Santa Ana winds.
    f. __________

2. Why do some forum members not identify vehicle info in their “about me" section?...then ask generation specific questions???

3. Why do some forum members not report back with an issue correction and the actual problem? We all learn from this…either it validates the diagnosis or it provides other options to consider in the future.
    nick1946 and mikewo6o like this.
    Stock + cruise control

2. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Drives
    2013 Alien Base; 2017 Red Plus
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsterDoc View Post
    Why are so many members bashful about indicating at least a general geographic location?

When issues arise, it is helpful to know geographic related factors, such as:
    a. temperature range
    b. humidity
    c. altitude
    d. roads salted
    e. other seasonal considerations, for example: SoCal has 4 seasons, earthquake, fire, mudslides and Santa Ana winds.
    f. __________

2. Why do some forum members not identify vehicle info in their “about me" section?...then ask generation specific questions???

3. Why do some forum members not report back with an issue correction and the actual problem? We all learn from this…either it validates the diagnosis or it provides other options to consider in the future.
    Over time, we have beat this to death. For some reason, folks take umbrage with giving information and have quit believing that we are not infringing on their rights, others may believe their anonimity is being comprimised. It is voluntary to post that info but we ask anyway. It is a pain not having it, the site is protected, somewhat, from poachers but they can get into it and read. If I had to list the three top reasons for answers to all your questions:

1. Fear of info leakage.
    2. Right to privacy.
    3. Lazy.
    Last edited by Shaggy Wierdo; 05-03-2019 at 09:57 AM.
    Buzz likes this.
    NEW MEMBERS SHOULD READ THIS THREAD: Hidden Content AND PROVIDE THE REQUESTED INFORMATION.

Drives
    14 Optima SXL; 15 Soul Base AT
    It would be interesting to survey the "Problems" section to find out how many issues were resolved by members. In my experience, #1 answer is usually "go see the dealer". Having said that, general geographical area and model/trim wouldn't hurt anyone's privacy. I attribute it 54% to laziness and 42% to forgetfulness.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Junior Soul
    Drives
    GT-Line Turbo/2020/Neptune Blu
    Could be we don't like where we live?
    Wzlwgn likes this.

Drives
    Soul 2013+/2018 1 Million Edit
    I'll go with Shaggy's #3 and add "can't be bothered.

Drives
    2019 M/T base
    Quote Originally Posted by XxHaimBondxX View Post
    ...In my experience, #1 answer is usually "go see the dealer". Having said that, general geographical area and model/trim wouldn't hurt anyone's privacy. I attribute it 54% to laziness and 42% to forgetfulness.
    I see a number of "go see the dealer" responses, and that may be a good answer for some, but developing an understanding of an issue and possible root causes may help someone in the future.

I was on a CB1100 Forum from Nov 2017 until early this year and "go see the dealer" did not solve an international problem that proved to be mostly IACV issues. Riders in Europe thought they had a solution with an ECM reflash. One had a damaged harness to the TPS, a couple had the entire throttle body assembly (Quad TB for 4 cylinders) replaced (included the IACV), which would be ~$2,000, if past warranty. Collaboration with members in New Zealand, Canada and opposite coasts in the states finally solved it.

For someone not willing to turn a wrench or use a multimeter, "go see the dealer" may be most appropriate.
    Shaggy Wierdo likes this.
    Stock + cruise control

Drives
    14 ! Black Sun & Sound/ 06 MX5
    I'll never tell what geographic location I am in....
    Last edited by tampa8; 05-09-2019 at 03:19 AM.
    Buzz likes this.

I could care less if anyone knew I live in Florida. I can understand people protective of their privacy, but one can carry it to far. I see no harm in letting forum members, know what state or province our Souls live in.
    two souls and Buzz like this.

DBM
    Junior Soul
    Drives
    Base M6 2015 Titanium Grey
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsterDoc View Post
    I see a number of "go see the dealer" responses, and that may be a good answer for some, but developing an understanding of an issue and possible root causes may help someone in the future.

I was on a CB1100 Forum from Nov 2017 until early this year and "go see the dealer" did not solve an international problem that proved to be mostly IACV issues. Riders in Europe thought they had a solution with an ECM reflash. One had a damaged harness to the TPS, a couple had the entire throttle body assembly (Quad TB for 4 cylinders) replaced (included the IACV), which would be ~$2,000, if past warranty. Collaboration with members in New Zealand, Canada and opposite coasts in the states finally solved it.

For someone not willing to turn a wrench or use a multimeter, "go see the dealer" may be most appropriate.
    Eggsaxley.

Junior Soul
    Drives
    2015 Base Auto - 2018 Base Man
    I should be more specific in my location in case anyone wants to buy me a beer.
    Buzz, deejaydead and tampa8 like this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)