+ / !

1. Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums – General discussion forum for Kia Soul

Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums - a website dedicated to all things Kia Soul.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Soul Owners Forums today!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: + / !

+ / !

Looking at buying new and would like to get opinions on a + vs a !. It would be my main commuter with 80% interstate, but I want decent twisty road manners also. I like the idea of GPS and keyless start, but do not need all the wiz bang entertainment, Bluetooth connectivity etc. I would prefer just a cd player ( do they even come with this?),but I realize it is a package deal though all the other features would be a waste on me.

Second question is do you get any additional space/comfort with electric vs manual seats? I know it is easier to adjust, and the adjustments are finer, but are they more supportive, or give more butt or legroom?

Are there any fatal flaws in either that would cause you not to buy one or the other?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Drives
    ‘19 Soul+
    IMHO the + will fit the bill. When I purchased our 2019 soul I could not justify the extra money they wanted for things I wouldn’t need in the ! If you want all the gizmos the only way your going to get them is with the ! It’s your money I would just test drive both and see which one tickles your fancy. We use apple play and WAZE pops right up on my screen so no need for GPS.

Let Those Who Ride Decide
    Buzz likes this.

Drives
    2020 Soul EX/2016 Chevy SS
    The ! gets the best fuel economy aside from the EV. Test drive both. I'd rather have the better power AND better fuel economy as it makes it easier to pass and scoot around in traffic. The only issue with the Exclaim is that the Dual Clutch is a little difficult some times.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Drives
    Soul MT/2014/Titanium

Quote Originally Posted by GeoSoul View Post
    This is a DUPLICATE thread
    NOT a duplicate thread, Per instructions from the moderator, reposted from the new members thread where it would have been improper to continue discussions.
    I would have posted it here first, but in order to get permission to post here, I had to do an intro post, In order to be truthful about my reasons for wanting to join the thread, I had to show that I did not own one and only wanted to get information.
    Buzz likes this.

Junior Soul
    Drives
    White 2014 Soul+
    You do not get a CD player. You do get a USB port that you can plug a USB stick with your music into.
    Rip your CD's to MP3 files, copy to USB and you have a boat load of music in your hand.

Intermediate Soul
    Drives
    ! /2015/Fathom/Umber
    Actually, a decked out + is what a decked out ! used to be. The exclaim went from being the vehicle with all the goodies to the sport (turbo) version. In fact you can get cooled seats in the + but not in the !

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Maybe YOU can do all the file manipulation, but I am a bit of a Luddite, and don't know how. Maybe time to learn, I assume there is an AUX plug that I can plug my Walkman disk into? There is a valid reason to do so, I do books on tape for my 45 minute commuter, and my local library only has CD's I know, I know I can go online and retrieve files, but I am stuck in my ludditeness

Drives
    Soul 2013+/2018 1 Million Edit
    I have 2 souls, 2013 and 2018, both are the + models. The 2018 is a + in the 1 million edition. I never saw the need to go with the ! model. Have you compared the 2 models on the Kia USA website? Maybe that would clarify what you get or can get on the + and ! models. Forget the CD, not available on the later years.

Junior Soul
    Drives
    White 2014 Soul+
    Quote Originally Posted by Zedi View Post
    Maybe YOU can do all the file manipulation, but I am a bit of a Luddite, and don't know how. Maybe time to learn, I assume there is an AUX plug that I can plug my Walkman disk into? There is a valid reason to do so, I do books on tape for my 45 minute commuter, and my local library only has CD's I know, I know I can go online and retrieve files, but I am stuck in my ludditeness
    Ripping your CD's to MP3 files is actually easy. I am trying Fairstars CD Ripper 2.00, which is free.

FairStars Audio Converter, Recorder and Free CD Ripper with WMA MP3 AAC M4A AMR OGG FLAC APE etc support

My 2014 has an Aux input.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)