+ / ! - Page 4

1. Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums – General discussion forum for Kia Soul

Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums - a website dedicated to all things Kia Soul.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Soul Owners Forums today!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: + / !

I test drove a couple souls and he's kinda right, the 1.6L turbo is OK but it's not the 2.0L turbo. The oddball shape is good for me though because a lot of my customers are older and they can't get in and out of lower cars/stuff themselves in subcompacts like a prius very well....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Junior Soul
    Drives
    SX/2019/White
    Turbo is great, the only lacking part is the DCT. Wife's on her 2nd turbo Sportage (wrote off 1st) and that motor is a beast (in power and fuel consumption, but fuel in a bad way). 1.6 actually has good performance, but the transmission seems to lag and the sport mode has it's own drawbacks. Once you get used to the Soul Turbo, it's actually not bad to drive and the fuel economy is better than the 2.0 that I had on my 2014. When you floor it, after the random transmission lag it goes pretty good. The 2.0L seems to always want to shift down and take a while to get going. The personal opinion is if that matters to you or not. I have a friend that loves is 2nd gen 2L and never mentions any issues with power. My summer car is a mazdaspeed 3, so the Soul was a good winter car that was just acceptable in power (but way better vision and a great daily driver).
    Soul is hard to beat for ease of driving, and sitting position, but the thread is just about !/SX or +EX.

Drives
    Soul !/2019/Black Turbo
    I love my 2019 Turbo. I also liked my 2015 + but the one complaint I had was the power in the engine. Traded up and have not been sorry.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)