+ / ! - Page 3

  1. Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums – General discussion forum for Kia Soul

    Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums - a website dedicated to all things Kia Soul.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Soul Owners Forums today!
     
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: + / !

  1. #21
    Intermediate Soul
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Virginia, US
    Posts
    481
    Drives
    2011 Soul ! Alien Green
    Quote Originally Posted by tester_02 View Post
    1.6L Turbo gas mileage is much better than the 2.0L. I drove my 2014 for 5 years and the mileage was not the best (my Mazdaspeed 3 was better). This new Turbo Soul is noticeably better, even thought i don't drive it lightly. Hopefully Gen 3 will improve the mileage (slight chance that they tuned it better and the Souless CVT helps).
    The Turbo is making me think Kia can make cars that are efficient (wife's Sportage is a gas guzzler).
    Good luck on keeping that turbo working after the 5 years! Hope you will save enough at the pump to get a new one...
    Last edited by SoNic67; 05-21-2019 at 12:43 PM.
    So it goes...

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements
     

  3. #22
    Junior Soul
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Metro Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    103
    Drives
    GT-Line Turbo/2020/Neptune Blu
    Quote Originally Posted by HPPPPR1 View Post
    I always buy as much engine as possible so if the turbo has the most hp that will be my choice. Too bad they don't use the 6spd and 2.0T from that other kia in it, I had a rental one and it was quick.
    Traded a 16 Optima SXL with the 2.0T for a 20 Soul GT 1.6T with the dct. The Soul is quicker in every aspect. The optima would top out higher, but that's it. The soul drives better and stops better, and I'm getting about 10mpg higher than the optima with the same driving conditions. So don't assume the 2.0 with the 6 speed is a better drive if you are looking for some fun.
    That being said, the optima was more comfortable for long drives and a bit quieter.

    As far as the turbo going in 5 years, sweet, the powertrain is covered for 5 years. If I even have the car in 5 years. And if I do, honestly, there will already be a bigger turbo in it's place

  4. #23
    Elder Soul conwelpic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,468
    Drives
    2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by deejaydead View Post
    Traded a 16 Optima SXL with the 2.0T for a 20 Soul GT 1.6T with the dct. The Soul is quicker in every aspect. The optima would top out higher, but that's it. The soul drives better and stops better, and I'm getting about 10mpg higher than the optima with the same driving conditions. So don't assume the 2.0 with the 6 speed is a better drive if you are looking for some fun.
    That being said, the optima was more comfortable for long drives and a bit quieter.

    As far as the turbo going in 5 years, sweet, the powertrain is covered for 5 years. If I even have the car in 5 years. And if I do, honestly, there will already be a bigger turbo in it's place
    actually it's 10 yrs or 100k miles
    2.0L, leather, power-folding mirrors, cooling glove box, auto climate, smart key/push-button start, heated steering wheel

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements
     

  6. #24
    Junior Soul
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    26
    Drives
    2019 Silver Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by conwelpic View Post
    actually it's 10 yrs or 100k miles
    I was told by my dealership the turbo is not covered under the 10yr 100K mile warranty....Only internal powertrain parts.....Anyone else been told this by their dealership?

  7. #25
    Elder Soul conwelpic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,468
    Drives
    2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by abelaxe View Post
    I was told by my dealership the turbo is not covered under the 10yr 100K mile warranty....Only internal powertrain parts.....Anyone else been told this by their dealership?
    check your warranty manual the details will be there as to what is covered and what is not?

    I don't have a copy of the 2020 US warranty manual but have the 2019 version and it states coverage for:
    In the engine:
    cylinder block, cylinder head and all internal parts, timing gear, seals and gaskets, valve cover, flywheel, oil pump, water pump and turbo charger.
    Last edited by conwelpic; 05-21-2019 at 02:34 PM.
    nick1946 and abelaxe like this.
    2.0L, leather, power-folding mirrors, cooling glove box, auto climate, smart key/push-button start, heated steering wheel

  8. #26
    Junior Soul
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    26
    Drives
    2019 Silver Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by conwelpic View Post
    check your warranty manual the details will be there as to what is covered and what is not?

    I don't have a copy of the 2020 US warranty manual but have the 2019 version and it states coverage for:
    In the engine:
    cylinder block, cylinder head and all internal parts, timing gear, seals and gaskets, valve cover, flywheel, oil pump, water pump and turbo charger.
    Thank you for this information.

  9. #27
    Junior Soul
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Metro Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    103
    Drives
    GT-Line Turbo/2020/Neptune Blu
    Quote Originally Posted by conwelpic View Post
    actually it's 10 yrs or 100k miles
    I wasn't sure if the turbo was covered under the 10 year, but pretty sure the 5 year would.

  10. #28
    Intermediate Soul
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    514
    Drives
    ! /2015/Fathom/Umber
    Plus, there's no reason to suspect the turbo will go out at 5 years. My friend who purchase my 2007 A4 turbo says the car is still going strong with no issues. I purchased that car in the fall of 2006 - 13.5 years ago!

    Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
    Buzz, OrangeJulius and abelaxe like this.

  11. #29
    Junior Soul
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Posts
    59
    Drives
    SX/2019/White
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    Good luck on keeping that turbo working after the 5 years! Hope you will save enough at the pump to get a new one...
    I will probably get rid of it in 5 years when the warranty runs out, so no issues from me (last Soul was 5 years also). I am enjoying the extra power, otherwise I think I would have got bored and replaced the 2014 Soul with something else. Keeping the 2014 an extra few years was not going to work out, as the trade in value was dropping exponentially, and the repairs from the mileage were starting to kick in (shocks/suspension). Extra fuel economy on the turbo is just a plus.

  12. #30
    Junior Soul
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Northern Ca
    Posts
    143
    Drives
    2015 Base Auto - 2018 Base Man
    I do hope the mods respond to this......
    nick1946 and SOULacolyte like this.

  13. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements
     

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2