Passenger Side Black Trim Broken

1. Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums – General discussion forum for Kia Soul

Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums - a website dedicated to all things Kia Soul.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Soul Owners Forums today!

Thread: Passenger Side Black Trim Broken

Junior Soul

Passenger Side Black Trim Broken

So my car was parked in a the garage the other night, and one of my family members just had to get some beach chairs from behind a shelf for the following day. As I was reaching for the chairs, I told my family member to watch on the radio boxes so it doesn't fall. Of course the little 2 pound box fell and hit the trim of my car on the passenger side door. I called kia to get a replacement part, it’s about $30.00. The only problem is, the panel of the door has to come off from the inside to screw new clips that broken off.

Personally I think the trim on the kia soul is poorly designed. The clips are cheap plastic and broke off without hardly any force. The box was not that heavy and barley touched the trim, but that’s all that needed to break off the tiny little clip on the trim. The 30.00 part is not what I am angry about. It’s the labor cost involved in taken the side door panel off is what I am pissed about.

I wonder If I can myself remove the door panel, or hopefully find a car buddy of mine who can do it for way cheaper then $75.00 and hour that the kia delarship will most likley charge.

2011 - Clear White Kia Soul +

2. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Garbage (Harbor) Freight sells a set of fiberglass-reinforced plastic trim tools that are good for popping panels, etc... I used them extensively when routing the cables for a 2-way radio install.

Drives
    Tempest CRDI / 2009 / Titanium
    a guy on here sound proofed the entire car and literally stripped the interior bare. Do a search and see if he posted some trim removal tips.

Tempest CRDI

Walking Cane grey

5. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ndsports View Post
    So my car was parked in a the garage the other night, and one of my family members just had to get some beach chairs from behind a shelf for the following day. As I was reaching for the chairs, I told my family member to watch on the radio boxes so it doesn't fall. Of course the little 2 pound box fell and hit the trim of my car on the passenger side door. I called kia to get a replacement part, it’s about $30.00. The only problem is, the panel of the door has to come off from the inside to screw new clips that broken off.

Personally I think the trim on the kia soul is poorly designed. The clips are cheap plastic and broke off without hardly any force. The box was not that heavy and barley touched the trim, but that’s all that needed to break off the tiny little clip on the trim. The 30.00 part is not what I am angry about. It’s the labor cost involved in taken the side door panel off is what I am pissed about.

I wonder If I can myself remove the door panel, or hopefully find a car buddy of mine who can do it for way cheaper then $75.00 and hour that the kia delarship will most likley charge.

that looks like door sill of another vehicle [too long to be Soul] so I can't figure out where it could have came off on passenger side. looks like it is already off the vehicle so i don't see the need for door panel to come off to replace it. i think there are two screws and bunch of clips so all you need is little plastic pryer and screw driver and about a minute to take off. try it.

Junior Soul
    Quote Originally Posted by sightland View Post
    that looks like door sill of another vehicle [too long to be Soul] so I can't figure out where it could have came off on passenger side. looks like it is already off the vehicle so i don't see the need for door panel to come off to replace it. i think there are two screws and bunch of clips so all you need is little plastic pryer and screw driver and about a minute to take off. try it.
    It is from my Kia soul 2011. As you can see the picture below, is where the piece broke off. Theres about 4 or 5 screws that go into the door panel to hold the trim piece. each screw has a clip on the end that the piece sides in. But the clips come attached as one piece to the trim. So if one clip breaks, really the whole piece needs to be ordered. And so you take the door panel off, from the inside, one person puts the trim with the screws in the 4 or 5 scew holds, while the other person screws them in from inside the door.

I call it trim, but its probably another word for it. Like door guard or something.

Last edited by ndsports; 08-15-2011 at 02:04 PM.

Junior Soul
    Well kia called me today to tell me the part came in. And I transfered over to the service department to get a quote to replace the panel. The service department told me the molding screw holes are actually pop on, so they wouldnt charge me any money, to replace the part, since it should take a few seconds. I guess thats a relief for now.

9. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)