HID 6000k Headlight Conversion Installed
NEWS
 

  1. Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums – General discussion forum for Kia Soul

    Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums - a website dedicated to all things Kia Soul.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Soul Owners Forums today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: HID 6000k Headlight Conversion Installed

  1. #1
    Intermediate Soul fhartell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    348

    HID 6000k Headlight Conversion Installed

    I got both the Headlight's & fog lights from the following company: http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php
    These are top notch HID Conversion kit's for a great price.
    I just finished installing the headlights and they went in pretty easy. I purchased the DDM 35w Slim Ballast 6000k Bi-Xenon H4 for the headlight and the 6000k 880 for the fog lights. I also purchased the Dual In/ Dual Out Harness which is not needed as of yet.
    A hole will have to be drilled on the back cover of the headlights to feed the conversion wires thru and you will also have to feed the stock plug out on the driverside headlight. I also feed the passenger one out for clearance. You will also need to extend the ground on the supplied harness that attaches to the passenger side as there is nothing close to ground to. I ran it back to the negative terminal.
    Other than that everything else is plug & play. I'll post pic's and all once it warms up in NJ.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HID 6000k Headlight Conversion Installed-p1020366.jpg   HID 6000k Headlight Conversion Installed-p1020367.jpg  
    Last edited by fhartell; 11-28-2010 at 07:51 PM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Junior Soul
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    75
    How do you like them after a month of ownership?

  4. #3
    Junior Soul
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    243
    Let me know how you like them after you get a fine.

  5. #4
    Junior Soul
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    243
    Oh and that isn't an HID conversion.

  6. #5
    Senior Soul team haymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oakville, Ontario
    Posts
    841
    Quote Originally Posted by Headcase View Post
    Oh and that isn't an HID conversion.
    Actually it is an HID conversion.
    I beleive what your referring to would be retro fitting projectors with HID.
    both are conversions.

    also, were either of your posts constructive in any way?

  7. #6
    Senior Soul Soul Rush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Arizona Desert
    Posts
    778
    Drives
    Soul+ 2010 Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by fhartell View Post
    I got both the Headlight's & fog lights from the following company: http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php
    These are top notch HID Conversion kit's for a great price.
    I just finished installing the headlights and they went in pretty easy. I purchased the DDM 35w Slim Ballast 6000k Bi-Xenon H4 for the headlight.
    I bought exact same from DDM ( headlights only )
    Installed easy
    Work perfect
    No problem with the Police ( have direct access to Cop's, my son is a Sheriff )
    The DDM's 6000k have very little blue tint
    Make's the Soul look even more international/european

    5/5 stars ! !

    2010 Kia Soul Plus - Titanium (GOTRUSH)
    ( Work Car - On site service Vehicle & Pizza Delivery )
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    1975 Chevy K5 4x4 Blazer w/full removable top (2112)
    ( Fun Truck , use in full convertable mode only )

  8. #7
    Intermediate Soul fhartell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by soulsplatpc View Post
    How do you like them after a month of ownership?
    They are great. Their not blinding 2 oncoming. Cops dont care. The only problem I had was one of the balasts on the fogs went dead. Returned and was replaced.

  9. #8
    Junior Soul
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by team haymaker View Post
    Actually it is an HID conversion.
    I beleive what your referring to would be retro fitting projectors with HID.
    both are conversions.

    also, were either of your posts constructive in any way?


    Well if you consider giving members all information available, wether you like it or not, so they can make an educated decision based on all facts; than YES. The fact is that even though these HID kits are cool they are not DOT approved.
    Could you get a fine for having them installed on your vehicle, if he wants to be a jerk YES.
    Could your instection station fail your car for having them installed, not DOT approved so YES.
    Could they cause electrical problems, it has happened so YES
    Could your dealer void your warranty, if they feel like it Yes.

    I'm not saying don't install them, but there are risks some or all could happen.

  10. #9
    Junior Soul
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    75
    anyone with 6000k have any pictues? only 1 I could find on the forums just show a head on shot of the car kinda in daylight with the lights on, could not find what one looks like at night

  11. #10
    Junior Soul
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Headcase View Post
    Well if you consider giving members all information available, wether you like it or not, so they can make an educated decision based on all facts; than YES. The fact is that even though these HID kits are cool they are not DOT approved.
    Could you get a fine for having them installed on your vehicle, if he wants to be a jerk YES.
    Could your instection station fail your car for having them installed, not DOT approved so YES.
    Could they cause electrical problems, it has happened so YES
    Could your dealer void your warranty, if they feel like it Yes.

    I'm not saying don't install them, but there are risks some or all could happen.
    actually what you said was

    "Oh and that isn't an HID conversion. "

  12. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements
     

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Similar Threads

  1. Headlight issue
    By Meghann1965 in forum Soul Problems
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-14-2011, 04:30 AM
  2. CCFL to LED Conversion?
    By SomeDJ in forum How To / DIY
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-30-2010, 02:30 AM
  3. Headlight Indicator
    By holicanmc in forum Soul General Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 01:11 AM
  4. Leather Steering Wheel Cover or Possible Forte Conversion?
    By Denim Blues in forum Soul Accessories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-31-2009, 07:09 AM
  5. Hid headlight replacement
    By Soul! in forum Aftermarket modifications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-28-2009, 09:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2