Alarm activation horn tooo loud
NEWS
 

  1. Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums General discussion forum for Kia Soul

    Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums - a website dedicated to all things Kia Soul.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Soul Owners Forums today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Alarm activation horn tooo loud

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3

    Alarm activation horn tooo loud

    So heres the problem, when I activate the alarm , the horn beep that sounds to varify that its on, is soooo loud that people in my complex complain when its late at night, and my employer complains because it disturbs the patients in the hospital I work at. Its not the same typical import sound "beap beap" horn you hear when beeping the horn on the stearing wheel, if it was, it would be okay, does anyone know how to tone down the "alarm is activated horn" so its not so freakin loud? It sounds like my friends Chevy truck
    Last edited by Kia Kimo; 11-10-2010 at 05:01 AM. Reason: spelling

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Soul Soul Rush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Arizona Desert
    Posts
    804
    Drives
    Soul+ 2010 Titanium
    With mine, when I press the lock/alarm once there is NO sound ( but the door locks )
    When I press twice, that's when the horn activates ( Air horn to boot ! )

    2010 Kia Soul Plus - Titanium (GOTRUSH)
    ( Work Car - On site service Vehicle & Pizza Delivery )
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    1975 Chevy K5 4x4 Blazer w/full removable top (2112)
    ( Fun Truck , use in full convertable mode only )

  4. #3
    Intermediate Soul sightland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Northern, VA
    Posts
    687
    Quote Originally Posted by Kia Kimo View Post
    So heres the problem, when I activate the alarm , the horn beep that sounds to varify that its on, is soooo loud that people in my complex complain when its late at night, and my employer complains because it disturbs the patients in the hospital I work at. Its not the same typical import sound "beap beap" horn you hear when beeping the horn on the stearing wheel, if it was, it would be okay, does anyone know how to tone down the "alarm is activated horn" so its not so freakin loud? It sounds like my friends Chevy truck
    did you purchase new or have aftermarket alarm system? factory first "lock" do not make any sound except for single flash of parking lights.

  5. #4
    Senior Soul team haymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oakville, Ontario
    Posts
    841
    seeing as there is no alarm just hit the lock button once and the doors will lock, the second time really isnt required. (I do it every time to though)

  6. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3

    Re: "No Alarm"

    Quote Originally Posted by team haymaker View Post
    seeing as there is no alarm just hit the lock button once and the doors will lock, the second time really isnt required. (I do it every time to though)
    I have a completely stock, 2010, 2U, the alarm is what came stock with it. When I bought it, the salesguy went over everything, and I have even called another dealer since to confirm. And both times were told, If you just press the key fob button once, the doors lock, but the alarm isn't activated, if you push it twice, the alarm is activated, which according to the dealer is why the horn beeps only after the second beep.
    Last edited by Kia Kimo; 11-10-2010 at 08:50 PM.

  7. #6
    Intermediate Soul Bonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by Kia Kimo View Post
    So heres the problem, when I activate the alarm , the horn beep that sounds to varify that its on, is soooo loud that people in my complex complain when its late at night, and my employer complains because it disturbs the patients in the hospital I work at. Its not the same typical import sound "beap beap" horn you hear when beeping the horn on the stearing wheel, if it was, it would be okay, does anyone know how to tone down the "alarm is activated horn" so its not so freakin loud? It sounds like my friends Chevy truck
    If you say it's louder, like really louder, then you've got something funky going on with your car. Our 2nd push lock beep is just the same old wimpy horn you get when blowing the horn. It's no louder than any other car. Maybe you've got a turbo?

    Sorry, sounds fishy to me.

    I'm not sure about your story about "the alarm." The Soul "don't got no alarm."
    Titanium SOUL!

  8. #7
    Senior Soul team haymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oakville, Ontario
    Posts
    841
    its unfortunate they said that because its really only a panic button. I thought it was an alarm too at first.
    when you hit it the second time it does sound the horn but its merely a signal and nothing else. (atleast here in canada, you never know in other parts of the world.)
    you can test it if you set the alarm and then open the doors from inside. I would be jealous if you had one from the factory and I didnt.
    if it does have an alarm, usually theres a way to arm them silently.

  9. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by team haymaker View Post
    its unfortunate they said that because its really only a panic button. I thought it was an alarm too at first.
    when you hit it the second time it does sound the horn but its merely a signal and nothing else. (atleast here in canada, you never know in other parts of the world.)
    you can test it if you set the alarm and then open the doors from inside. I would be jealous if you had one from the factory and I didnt.
    if it does have an alarm, usually theres a way to arm them silently.
    Problem is, if you are in the vehicle, as soon as you unlock the door to get out, the alarm is de- activated. Also, the "Panic button" is a seperate button from the locking and unlocking buttons. I am taking it to the dealer next week, because even they are now saying it shouldn't be as loud as it is.

  10. #9
    Intermediate Soul Bonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by Kia Kimo View Post
    Problem is, if you are in the vehicle, as soon as you unlock the door to get out, the alarm is de- activated. Also, the "Panic button" is a seperate button from the locking and unlocking buttons. I am taking it to the dealer next week, because even they are now saying it shouldn't be as loud as it is.
    You keep saying "alarm." The Soul doesn't normally have an "alarm" as a stock item. There is no "alarm" to set or un-set.

    If you get inside your car, and hit your door lock button twice until you hear the horn, then try and open the doors, what happens? The door opens and nothing else.

    This car does not have an alarm from the factory.
    Last edited by Bonzo; 11-11-2010 at 12:19 AM.
    Titanium SOUL!

  11. #10
    Super Moderator Rodville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,937
    Drives
    2010 - Soul+ - AT - Molten/1E
    Yes it's not an alarm. It just an audible tone to confirm lock. The dealers do not always read the materials that come with new cars and make assumptions that are often not true.
    Last edited by Rodville; 11-10-2010 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Wrong word.

  12. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements
     

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Similar Threads

  1. My car is SO LOUD!
    By a5ftfury in forum Soul Problems
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 11-05-2011, 03:29 PM
  2. Replies: 53
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 01:52 PM
  3. Problems receiving activation emails
    By NoBoZoS in forum Announcements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 12:45 AM
  4. LOUD!!! popping over the speakers
    By 2.0soul in forum Soul Problems
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 12:14 AM
  5. Horn
    By jakeman in forum Soul General Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-30-2009, 01:06 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2