Kia Soul Jukebox
NEWS
 

  1. Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums General discussion forum for Kia Soul

    Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums - a website dedicated to all things Kia Soul.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Soul Owners Forums today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By EboniLM

Thread: Kia Soul Jukebox

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    8

    Kia Soul Jukebox

    The Jukebox is a great concept and would have been a total home run except for Kia decided to put about 512MB of storage space for song. That's so 2005! Come on Kia, you can get a 2GB memory stick for $10.00. That would have at least allowed your valued customers to upload 500 songs.

    So for my new 2012 Kia Soul purchase, this was the one thing that should have been right and Kia totally missed the mark on two issues:

    1. iPods take forever to load and to start playing music.
    2. Jukebox will only hold about 120-150 songs at 128K sample rate.

    In today's market, these are the two things that should have stood out as being perfect.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Intermediate Soul Giant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    595
    Drives
    2012 Soul+ Shadow
    Hey. Sorry you don't like UVO. Couldn't you just make one thread and put all your complaints in there instead of making multiple threads about everything you hate? Just saying.....
    I forgot to mention that I totally agree with you. The storage space on the jukebox is a joke to me. I bought a 16 gb thumb drive that now lives in the car. I don't understand why they went with so little memory. I just filled it a selection of my wife's music. I never touch it. Or the CD player. Ha ha.

    Sorry you are disappointed with it though. That's a bummer, especially on a brand new purchase.

    Sent from a weird place using Autoguide...
    Last edited by Giant; 04-30-2012 at 01:28 AM.

  4. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    8
    Yes-sorry. But I'm totally over it now and feel so much better. Now I can go and enjoy my wife's new Kia Soul like a good little Hamster!

    And who knows, maybe someone from Kia will read these threads and fix a couple of these easy to fix issues...

  5. #4
    Intermediate Soul Giant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    595
    Drives
    2012 Soul+ Shadow
    It just seems like many if the issues could be fixed with a little attention to the software. Oh well. Good luck with it.

    Sent from a weird place using Autoguide...

  6. #5
    Elder Soul conwelpic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    8,426
    Drives
    2012 Soul 4u, 2L AT UVO (Mint)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagrid View Post
    The Jukebox is a great concept and would have been a total home run except for Kia decided to put about 512MB of storage space for song. That's so 2005! Come on Kia, you can get a 2GB memory stick for $10.00. That would have at least allowed your valued customers to upload 500 songs.

    So for my new 2012 Kia Soul purchase, this was the one thing that should have been right and Kia totally missed the mark on two issues:

    1. iPods take forever to load and to start playing music.
    2. Jukebox will only hold about 120-150 songs at 128K sample rate.

    In today's market, these are the two things that should have stood out as being perfect.
    while I agree with you that the memory could be much more, it contains 700 mb not 512, and I've got well over 300 tracks in it (128 kb), so you must have a lot of very long tracks. I use the Jukebox a lot and because it provides me over 17 hours of music per load, it takes me quite a while to listen all of that amount. I switch back and forth between this and AM/FM for most of my listening pleasure.
    I do have a 16 gb flash drive, but I use that for vacation runs.

  7. #6
    Intermediate Soul Giant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    595
    Drives
    2012 Soul+ Shadow
    Anyone ever heard Louis CK about how everything is amazing and no one is happy? He said that in the future we will all have jetpacks, and there will always be SOMEONE going "man, I have the crappiest jetpack...."
    So true. Go check it out. He's on the Conan show:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZ...e_gdata_player

    The Autoguide app did this....

  8. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1
    I just bought a 2012 !, with the premium sound/navi package, and it seems I do not have the jukebox feature...have I overlooked it, or can someone confirm this loss?

  9. #8
    Elder Soul conwelpic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    8,426
    Drives
    2012 Soul 4u, 2L AT UVO (Mint)
    Quote Originally Posted by gonetogoa View Post
    I just bought a 2012 !, with the premium sound/navi package, and it seems I do not have the jukebox feature...have I overlooked it, or can someone confirm this loss?
    when you get the Nav it replaces the UVO system, so I presume you loose that particular feature. I see there is no mention of it in your NAV owners manual.

    and welcome to the forum with your first posting.

  10. #9
    Elder Soul
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HTX
    Posts
    2,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Giant View Post
    Anyone ever heard Louis CK about how everything is amazing and no one is happy? He said that in the future we will all have jetpacks, and there will always be SOMEONE going "man, I have the crappiest jetpack...."
    So true. Go check it out. He's on the Conan show:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZ...e_gdata_player

    The Autoguide app did this....
    i was thinking the exact same thing. people seem to complain about the most IRRELEVANT or easily fixable things about this incredibly feature packed car.

    if you dont think the jukebox has enough space then get one of those oh so cheap 10$ thumbdrives you were talking about. problem solved.

    [Sent from my HTC Inspire via AutoGuide app using Swiftkey 3 Beta. Pardon errors.]
    GwenythLove likes this.

  11. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements
     

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Similar Threads

  1. Thumb Drive copy to Jukebox
    By northernbcsoul in forum ICE & Communication
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-01-2012, 10:10 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2